Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Using vocabulary with some imagination

Ali and I
I went to the place where Ali and I first met a decade ago. I drank coffee because he liked coffee. I closed my eyes, and I imagined him. Suddenly, one hand touched my shoulders. I knew his touch. Certainly, it was Ali. He came! This was incredible. I was shocked and I felt weary. Ten minutes later, wine came to the table from the cellar. He brought red wine. Ali was sure I liked wine so much. Later the food came. I was delighted and ate dinner. I looked at him and then I asked a question.

"How did you come?"

"I resigned from my job," he said. I didn`t believe him. This job was very important to him.

"Why Ali? Why did you resign?" I asked.

"I don`t want to work anymore," he answered. "It's now time to reveal my secret. I want to live with you forever. I want to be with you only. I don't want to be far away anymore." I smiled and he held my hands. "I know tomorrow is your birthday, and I have a surprise for you," he said.

He took me to the pet store to buy a puppy. I saw one with two different color eyes who was trying to breed with one poor white puppy. I liked him because he was trouble. Now we can live together as a family.

"Life begins again," we said together.

submitted by Gamze Avci
class: Contemporary Topics 1

No comments:

Post a Comment