Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A letter of complaint (imaginary)

Dear Sir,

I am writing to complain about a short holiday I had recently which was organized by Citibreaks. I was dissatisfied with several things.

First, your advertisement promised a hotel in a central location, whereas in fact, the hotel was a long way from the city center. You also said that all the rooms would have a river view, but my window just looked over the parking lot, which was very noisy. I also had to pay extra for dinner although the advertisement had stated that it was included in the price. To make matters worse, I had no choice about which show to go to. I had wanted to go to a new musical, but the only ticket offered to me was for one which I had seen already.

I had been looking forward to my holiday very much, but it was completely ruined by these problems. I therefore feel that you should refund half the cost of the holiday in compensation for my disappointment.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Gamze Avci

class: Contemporary Topics 1

No comments:

Post a Comment