Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Post Advanced Category- Winner

Post Advanced Category Winner: Yuki Hirasaki


School:  NYLC- Jackson Heights

Teacher: Sarah Hesler




 






In the modern society, some people can not live without technology for communication such as computer, mobile phone, and other kinds of technology. On the other hand, other people have a question to believe these technology make our communication easier. From my point of view, I agree with the idea that technology can help us, but I believe that people should have responsibility to use them property. I feel it because using technology can be stressful and immoral.
First of all, since people have started to use technology, especially mobile phone, they tend to lose the border between work and private time. Because people can reach someone whom they need to talk easier than before. For instance, I used to work for a company as a sales person. I had a big customer at the time, and they wanted to talk anytime they wanted. So I had to keep my mobile phone on and had to answer them even though it was my off day. Sometimes it was needed to go to their store, or I had to prepare to solve the issue at home. It was really stressful for me. I guess it is not only me but many people have the same problem. At that time, it used to be important for me to use mobile phone for work, but now I think it would be wrong. I should have drawn a line between ON and OFF. Otherwise I might have been sick by overworking.

Furthermore, I think the manner of using them is obviously crucial. for example, I saw some couples were sitting at cafe without any words. Instead of talking each other, they focused on their own mobile phone. And only sometime they talked each other about the other conversation on the phone or game on line. I feel it is ridiculous and sort of side effect of using telecommunications. I suppose that people tend to become to neglectful of the communication in person. It is kind of immoral. Formerly most people had less option to communicate and attempted seriously to be in touch. From my experience, I had a ex-boyfriend who always checked his mobile phone even though I was next to him. I told him to face to me instead of checking SNS on his phone. Unfortunately we broke up later by the other reason. However I thought less communication between us might be a hidden reason for it.

To sum up, I suppose the communication technology such as mobile phone is a quite useful tool, but people should treat them carefully. We should not neglect to face to others in person. And we should to keep our private life out when it needed. Using device for communication is essential in this modern society, but I strongly believe that we should set a clear standard for it. Especially for our children, we would need to tell them how is the real communication as intended


No comments:

Post a Comment