Tuesday, June 2, 2015

High Intermediate Category - Third Place


High Intermediate Third Place winner: Siripun Wongsawan
School: NYLC - Jackson Heights
Teacher: Samantha Lee






     







       Today, technology becomes part of life. Everything is easier and more comfortable for living.  Think about 20 years ago when you went to the airport by yourself to inquire about weight limitations or call them asking about flight hundred times but no one answered. Nowadays, you get more information by searching from the internet. It is very easy; you can answer customer's e-mail even when you are lying down in bed.  

           But have you ever had a bad experience with technology? Last 2 years I applied for jobs online instead of walking in because there is a limited quota and every year lot of people waited in front of the company since 4am. The online procedure had a limited quota too but I was confident in my high speed internet. Finally, I did not get that job because my internet was broken all day and the submission time was just 2 hours. I went to an internet cafe but it was too late. I did not think I was an unlucky person on an important day in my life; I relied on technology too much. 

          After that I walked in that company again to apply for the customer service position. Then get a job there. Actually human build technology so that technology cannot communicate by itself, it would be worthless without human beings.

      Sometimes, trying to leave technology behind and do things by yourself instead, It is a challenging, fun, experience and not as hard as you think. I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment