Wednesday, September 12, 2012

AN INTERN IN NEW YORK - 4


One of the best things of living in a city like New York is that most of the times a simple walk turns out to be an exciting experience… 2 weeks ago for example I happened to be in Columbus Circle after dinner and I saw President Obama’s car surrounded by hundreds of policemen on motorbikes and trucks! So far I had seen those kind of things just on TV!! Again, a few days ago I went out because I craved pizza and I found myself by chance in front of the café where one of my favourite films – “You’ve got mail” - was shot!! I ended up eating a sandwich and a waffle at Café Lalo (201 West 83rd St.) but it was even better than the pizza I craved, as it was completely unforeseen.
I never get bored while walking in New York, not only because there are planes writing sentences in the sky, stunning sunsets, people dancing in parks or on piers, fashion shows (last week in fact began the fashion week) etc. Looking at people in the streets turns out to be an interesting pastime here... Sometimes I am shocked, sometimes amused or fascinated by the people who crowd New York City streets and by their activities. They are creative (maybe some of them are just crazy?!), they seem to follow their instinct, and for sure they are not afraid of what people might think about them. This is the reason why, in my opinion, the Big Apple is the place where everyone wants to be, the place where new trends are launched, where artists feel free to express and feed their genius and normal people feel free to just express themselves. There are no limitations here, at times this is positive, at times there are obviously downsides. To understand better what I am trying to say check out http://humansofnewyork.tumblr.com/.



Eventually my advice is: if you don’t feel like planning your day or your week, just go out for a walk and wait… something extraordinary, weird or unexpected will happen!!!

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment