Saturday, September 24, 2011

Putting tricky prepositions into practice

The following are some short, imaginative, perhaps humorous writing from the Explore NYC class to practice prepositions and some expressions containing them. We think prepositions are tricky.


by Imanol Erquiaga
Yesterday at midnight, I was at home when my friend George called to invite me to a really fancy party. After I hung up, I dressed to the nines. He told me that the party was close to my house, so I did not have to take a taxi. I just went to the party on foot. The party was very good, and I arrived home at midday today!


by Gwen de Backer
They were going home on foot dressed in suits and ties. Even if they were excited about the party, they were forbidden to stay up late at night on weekdays. Their teacher wanted to avoid confusing them with their lesson and wanted them to finish their homework first.


by Gwen de Backer
I know you don't feel concerned about my new iPad but anyway, I'll explain how it works because it's known for being very useful. Don't blow up this way! You should feel blessed with the explanation I'm providing you. I don't want you to feel annoyed with the user guide; it's only limited to the basic functions. Thanks to this amazing device, you will be connected to the world right away so please try to appreciate my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment