Saturday, June 4, 2011

A doll as a folk object

It is a doll of medium height, around 40 cm, and made with old fabrics. This very old doll – I've had it for about 20 years – is wearing a kind of red and patterned coverall sewn on it. She has a baby bib with the name of the brand “Jaccadi” written on it. When I got it, I do not remember my age, but I was a very little girl, maybe one or two years old. When my parents bought it, she had a hat, but now she only has around fifteen stands of hair made of wool on her head. It was a gift from my father or my mother.

I think I keep this doll to remind me of my childhood before my parents divorced. I never sleep with the doll but she is still on my bed. That is why, perhaps, the doll is still fluffy even though I don't use it as a regular doll anymore.

submitted by ACB
class: Insights 1

No comments:

Post a Comment