Thursday, December 13, 2012

A wish to travel to Egypt

The Reading & Writing Class recently practiced words that show contrast or surprise (EVEN THOUGH, ALTHOUGH, DESPITE, IN SPITE OF, HOWEVER, BUT, YET) and wrote a paragraph or two about a favorite activity, place, thing, et al, using these words.

Here's Isabelle Dao's paragraph about her desire to visit Egypt someday.

I love traveling around the world. In the future, I want to visit Egypt. Three days ago, I met a classmate who told me that going to Egypt now is dangerous. HOWEVER, I strongly desire to go there. Egypt is the cradle of knowledge, and I need to learn more about this civilization. EVEN THOUGH I learned the stories of this civilization at school and from books, I would like to go to Egypt, myself, with a person who knows this country very well--for example, with an Egyptian guide. EVEN THOUGH this trip will cost a lot of money, I will go to Egypt because it's a dream that I have had for several years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment