Thursday, July 28, 2011

Liking Gay Street in the Village

by Alice Vicini

A small white house with ivy on the walls
 that caught the writer's attention.
The little curve at one end of Gay Street.


Gay Street is very short. It has a little curve at the start and then straightens out. When it curves, there are some trees that create shadows. In this shade, we spent a few minutes reading the history of the street. The houses are small and really colorful with red, orange, and white. There is one that touched me. It is a small white house with a brown door and a black fire escape. It is nice because it has ivy on the walls. I don’t know why but I think it is really poetic. Also, because the atmosphere yesterday was nice, on Gay Street, you can’t hear the sound of traffic; everything is so quiet! There is an amazing atmosphere full of peace and with beautiful sunlight. In fact, the rest of the street has no shade; it was hot, but at the same time fascinating.

At the end of the street, there are many bicycles parked very close to each other. I also think this is nice. This is why this is my favorite place in the West Village. It reminds me of London. I think because in London there are colorful houses, too. The difference with London is the weather and the light. In London you can’t appreciate the house in the same way because everything becomes gray and sad. I prefer New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment